If you are into the skincare regimen, you would have known or heard the phrase salicylic acid face cream for pimples. Skin experts underscore the importance of using face creams enriched with this potent ingredient for the best skincare experience. But what is salicylic acid and why is it so popular?
The buzz about salicylic acid is that it can help you have a radiant skin complexion. This star ingredient treats skincare issues like whiteheads, blackheads, acne, and pimples in a hassle-free manner. Salicylic acid is a beta hydroxy acid that penetrates the skin and sloughs away dead skin cells from the pores. It thus acts like a powerful exfoliator and a skin brightener.
The science behind this ingredient is that it is derived from willow and meadowsweet plants. It is really helpful in soothing dry and irritated skin. If you are experiencing acne and breakouts, you should probably add a salicylic enriched face cream for pimples to your skincare routine.
How does salicylic acid work for acne-prone skin?
The human skin has millions of tiny pores. Over time, they may get plugged with impurities, dead skin cells, and excess sebum, thus causing acne and zits. If you have oily skin, it means your skin is producing way too much sebum than is required. This further clogs the pores and you may experience whiteheads, blackheads, mostly on the T Zone.
Salicylic acid goes deeper into your skin and works to remove those dead skin cells. It unclogs the skin pores by cleansing them of impurities and excess oil deposits. By doing so, it also helps minimize acne and prevent its future breakouts.
Benefits of salicylic acid face cream for pimples
Acne is a quite common skin woe that almost every teenager experiences once in a lifetime. If you are looking for a safe and effective face cream for pimples, opting for one that also contains salicylic acid can help you have the following benefits:
- Soothing inflammation: The anti-inflammatory nature of salicylic acid soothes irritated and itchy skin. It also helps to depuff the sore area. Doctors recommend using salicylic acid face cream for skin inflammation.
- Treats blemishes: It is a great treatment for blemishes and dark spots on the skin. Regularly using salicylic acid-based face cream for pimples and blemishes gives you a glowing and radiant look.
- Wards off acne-causing bacteria: Acne-causing bacteria do not do well in the open air, growing under clogged pores with no air. Salicylic acid removes dead skin cells, and fresh air blows into the skin, making it less likely for the bacteria to grow there.
Salicylic acid helps loosen the bonds in the cells that make up the skin’s layers. It works as an exfoliator without acting nasty on the skin.
Note: You can have many skin care products in your kits, such as rice water for face dehydration and vitamin C for skin brightening and lightening, but if it does not have anti-aging components, it may not always be too effective.
How should you use salicylic enriched face cream for pimples?
Salicylic acid cream can be used daily for greater benefits to your skin. With time you will see visible changes in your skin texture and complexion. We recommend using the face cream after rinsing your face with a mild cleanser. Then use the toner of your choice and apply a dime-sized amount of salicylic cream to your face.
Salicylic acid creams are usually non-comedogenic, so they don’t clog your pores, and you can use them in your daily skincare routine for the best results. In addition, there is a 0.5 to 2.0% concentration of salicylic acid in most creams which is considered ideal.
Note: Do not use more than the needed amount of salicylic cream on your face.
Choosing the best salicylic face cream for pimples
Here is our take on the best anti-aging treatment by Mamaearth. It is Asia’s first Made Safe certified brand. It offers several FDA-approved and toxin-free skincare, haircare, baby care, and body care products in India.
It is one of the fastest-growing brands known for its quality products. Its skincare range is formulated with safe and natural ingredients such as Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamin C, and Rice Water for face. They help address different skin woes and can be used by men and women of all ages.
And do you know that Mamaearth plants trees for every purchase you make from its website? It has already planted more than 300000 trees so far in India and is busy doing its part in making the environment cleaner and greener.
Now let’s talk about its Acne Marks Reduction Kit.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: ACV is extremely helpful in balancing the skin’s pH level. Most products dedicated to oily skin strip off the skin’s essential nutrients, but this cream retains skin moisture. It also helps with acne breakouts while moisturizing your skin.
- Neem: One of the potent ingredients in the anti-acne regimen known to remove dirt and impurities from the clogged pores. It controls excess sebum production and eliminates bacteria that may trigger acne.
- Niacinamide: It is yet another active ingredient in a face cream for acne that works for enlarged pores, marks, and dark spots on the skin. Niacinamide is a form of Vitamin B3+. It prevents the damage caused by the free radicals to the skin and slows down signs of aging.
- Glycerin: While some anti-aging treatments might cause a loss of moisture from the skin, glycerin goes the other way. It is a natural humectant that hydrates the skin and creates a barrier against environmental triggers.
How to use it?
Use only a coin-sized amount of face wash on your face and rinse off. Pat, dry your face.
Use 3 to 4 drops of serum all over your face and neck. Massage your face in a circular motion until fully absorbed.
Now, take out a little amount of moisturizer & apply it over your face by massaging gently.
Although some causes of pimples cannot be treated entirely, you can still use salicylic acid face cream for pimples to clear up breakouts. Salicylic acid deeply acts on your skin while clearing your skin tone. We recommend using Mamaearth Acne Marks Reduction Kit because it is free of any harmful chemicals that may worsen your situation.