It’s no secret that the air quality in many cities is poor. In fact, according to the World Health Organization, air pollution is responsible for 7 million deaths each year. So, you can deal with the air quality problem by using an air cleaner in your home or office.
Air purifiers work by trapping pollutants and allergens in the air and reducing the number of harmful particles in the air you breathe. Not only can air cleaners improve your health, but they can also improve your quality of life. So, the following points will help you explore the benefits of using an air purifier and how they can benefit you.
1. Relieves Symptoms of Asthma
If you or your child suffers from asthma, you know how debilitating the symptoms can be. Wheezing, coughing, and shortness of breath can make it difficult to sleep, play, or even just go about your day-to-day life. So while there is no cure for asthma, treatments can help reduce the symptoms and make it easier to manage, and one such treatment is using a purifier.
These devices reduce the triggers that can lead to an asthma attack. In addition, many purifiers also include a HEPA filter which can trap even smaller particles that may harm your health.
While no single treatment will work for everyone suffering from asthma, using a purifier in your home may help to improve your symptoms and give you some much-needed relief.
2. Eliminates Harmful Chemicals From the Air Around You
Air purifiers are powerful tools to have in your home. A purifier can help create a healthier environment for you and your family by trapping and removing harmful chemicals from the air. And some of the toxic chemicals that a purifier can remove from the air include:
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs): VOCs are released into the air from various household products, including cleaning supplies, paint, and aerosolised electronics. VOCs can cause various health problems, including eye irritation, headaches, and nausea.
- Formaldehyde: Formaldehyde is another common indoor air pollutant from sources like building materials, certain types of insulation, and cigarette smoke. Like VOCs, formaldehyde exposure can lead to health problems like watery eyes, burning sensations in the throat and nose, and difficulty breathing.
- Dust Particles: These are tiny pieces of debris that can get inhaled into the lungs. They can contain various harmful chemicals, including lead dust and asbestos fibres. Inhaling dust particles can cause respiratory problems like bronchitis and asthma.
Air purifiers can help remove these harmful chemicals from the air in your home, creating a healthier environment.
3. Neutralises Unpleasant odours
A purifier is beneficial for people with allergies or asthma and anyone who wants to improve the quality of the air they breathe. It can remove numerous airborne contaminants, including dust, pollen, pet dander, smoke, and mould spores. So, in addition to improving the air quality, an air purifier can also help neutralise unpleasant odours. This is especially beneficial if you have pets or live in a smoker’s home. A purifier will not only remove the odour-causing particles from the air but also help freshen the air and make it smell cleaner.
These points list all the benefits of using air purifiers at home. So buy a purifier and create an ideal environment to keep your family healthy.